- Essence of the Viper now increases all magical damage instead of elemental damage.
- Bloodthirsty no longer generates Happiness.
- Carrion Feeder no longer restores Happiness.
- The Feed Pet ability now instantly heals 50% of the pet’s health. Cannot be used in combat. Requires diet-appropriate food.
- Guard Dog no longer causes Growl to generate additional Happiness.
- The Happiness/Pet Loyalty System has been removed. Hunters will no longer have to manage Happiness for their pets, and the previous damage bonus for pets being happy will now be baseline for all tamed pets.
- Glyph of Mend Pet is now Glyph of Greater Proportion, which increases the size of the pet slightly.
Hunter Bug Fixes
- Distracting Shot and Multi-Shot are now properly 40-yard range.
- Multi-Shot now properly has a 1-second global cooldown.
Whoa. Mood-system removed? At first I didn’t know what to think, it feels a bit like they’re just streamlining everything and removing uniqueness from class to class. But on the other hand, when did the game ever get better by my pet being unhappy? And with the glyph he rarely was! In reality, the pet moods were a non-issue for a long time and not really an interesting game mechanic. It makes sense for them to remove it.
So, patch 4.1 is the patch that we shall always remember as the Pets-made-easy patch where pets instantly get up to your level after being tamed and you don’t have to feed them or worry about their happiness. In essence we have all the benefits of warlock pets now, but still retaining all the awesome stuff like being able to pick the family, skin, spec and have wicked extra abilities.
Also, we can have bigger pets now? Sign me up!
The bug fixes Distracting Shot and Multi-Shots range isn’t game-changing but a big quality of life improvement. It’s really annoying to stand in one location and be able to fire half of your shots and not all of them. The only hunter abilities left that needs a closer range than 40 yards are (apart from the melee abilites) Tranquilizing Shot (35 yards), Scatter Shot (20 yards, 23 yards with glyph) and Scare Beast (30 yards). Out of those I think only Tranquilizing Shot should be changed to 40 yards, the others makes sense to have at a shorter range for more balanced PvP.
Multi-Shot getting a 1 sec GCD is a very good change and in effect a buff to our AOE dps (previously we had an effective 1.5s GCD on Multi-Shot). The change to Survival’s mastery’s wording is interesting but I don’t really know what the effects of that will be just yet. We’ll see.
Other interesting changes
- A dead player can now be resurrected by targeting them using the Party or Raid Frame even if they have released. No more hunting for corpses.
- The Dungeon Finder now attempts to avoid putting damage-dealing classes with the same armor type in a group.
- There have been instance maps added for Zul’Aman, Zul’Gurub and all the Burning Crusade dungeons and raids. Check them out on Wowhead.
- New Mount: Amani Battle Bear
- New companion pet: Legs
- New companion pet: Lashtail Hatchling
- Numbers where you want them by Blizzard
- Original Starcraft Campaign ported to Starcraft 2 by Gossipgamers