December 14 brings the ninth batch of hotfixes since patch 4.0.3 was deployed and with this one comes two hunter-related changes but also many other interesting ones.
The biggest change which will undoubtedly affect everyone in one way or another is that holy paladins have had their healing and mana regeneration nerfed down to be similar to all the other healing classes. So if you are used to running dungeons with a holy paladin healing, give him or her some extra time to relearn his or her class today, because that paladin will most likely need it.
- Players who have the Insanity debuff can’t benefit from Time Warp until the debuff has expired. Players can no longer benefit from both Ancient Hysteria and Time Warp prior to the Insanity Debuff fading.
- Amulet of Dull Dreaming and Acorn of the Daughter Tree had duplicate stats. That’s no fun for anyone! Amulet of Dull Dreaming has a critical strike rating of 112 and a haste rating of 112. Acorn of the Daughter Tree has a mastery rating of 116 and a haste rating of 107.
I didn’t even know about the bug with Ancient Hysteria, good thing they fixed it though. I imagine several serious raiding guilds have been abusing this until now to pump out a massive amount of extra dps from their raiders…
Other changes of interest:
- The Alchemy mount Vial of the Sands is no longer Bind-on-Pickup.
- When reputation with the Bloodsail Buccaneers is friendly, players can now accept the quest “Avast Ye, Admiral!” from Fleet Master Firallon.
- The respawn rates for all Horde and Alliance Cooking daily quest objectives in Orgrimmar and Stormwind have been increased.
- The droprate on the Precious Locket from Royal Monkfish in Stormwind waters for the Fishing daily quest “Big Gulp” has been increased.
- Obsidium Ore nodes now spawn more frequently in Deepholm.
- Pristine Hides were too common and now have less of a chance to drop.
*gasp* Vial of the Sands is no longer BoP? This is fantastic news! Hooray! Awesome drake mounts for all!
I’m guessing a lot of people were seriously considering dropping a profession just so they could pick up Alchemy because that mount is something special. Instead of acting like a boring regular mount, this one becomes you… or you become it, even!
Here’s what it reads once you’ve learned it:
Transforms you into a Sandstone Drake, allowing you to fly very fast and carry an ally on your back.
Basically, this is the equivalent of the chopper in Wrath of the Lich King (which is currently unavailable by the way – but that is mot likely a bug). A very expensive but awesome 2-seater mount, with this particular one being a tad more awesome than chopper.
Apparently the Bloodsail Admiral achievement was broken until now, good to see they fixed it.
The changes to the fishing and cooking dailies were well-needed, I was going insane chasing after apples in Stormwind and that monkfish – bastard monkfish! – always seemed to be a 1hr daily quest.
Crawford writes a short dialog between himself and a quest-giver that we all can relate to.