Another day, another batch of hotfixes. This is actually the 8th batch of hotfixes since the patch was released on November 23rd. Good work so far Blizzard, keep it up!
There were only two Hunter-specific hotfix this time around:
- It is no longer possible for hunters to tame pets in a way that allows them to keep any buffs the creatures had on them prior to being tamed.
- The Overpowered Chicken Splitter Engineering bow is now superior quality and no longer epic.
This change to pet taming was of course expected but they did fix it a lot sooner than I thought they would. You can read about the bug and how hunters were able to use it to tame pets with very unique looks in this post.
So far the pets that I tamed for their appearance are still working as they did before the hotfix (as you can see in the picture to the right). It could be that the hotfix hasn’t been applied to my server yet, but hopefully the hotfix has been applied and we are intended to be able to keep the special appearance pets.
Changing the bow to blue rather than epic was a good change since the stats on it were equivalent of a blue anyway. I’m guessing this was an intended change from way back but just never got through.
Some other changes of interest were:
- It is now possible to complete the quest achievement Deep into Deepholm.
- It is now possible to complete the quest achievement Sinking into Vashj’ir.
- Players should always be properly granted credit for completing the “Defending the Rift” quest event.
- Several Jewelcrafting designs were incorrectly tagged as Bind-on-Pickup and have been changed to Bind-on-Equip.
- Disenchanted green items are now giving more materials as the item levels increase. This change also ensures armor items give dust more often than essence, and that weapons give more essence than dust.
- Fishing in open water areas around Sulfuron Spire no longer yields Volatile Fire.
Crawford wrote a nice post on the MMO-Champion forums giving a brief history of heroic dungeons in World of Warcraft. If you started running dungeons in the middle of Wrath of the Lich King and are very confused at what you’re facing in Cataclysm heroics right now, you should definitely check it out.
Back to questing!