I haven’t been posting the last few days and you might be able to guess why… I’ve been busy playing the game! There’s so much to do all of the sudden! But never fear because here’s another update from your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man… I mean; hunter.
Top Dog & Cat
So currently I’m worging it up in Deepholm, working to finish off those quests to get my Loremaster of Cataclysm achievement and gain reputation with the Earthen Ring and Therazene in the process. When people run into me down there they see something like this:
… then they get terribly frightened and run off.
But usually before they run off, they notice my pet and makes sure to send me whispers about it asking where I got it from. Because you see, I have the unique rare spawn lion for a pet. He is known as Sambas and can sometimes be found in Twilight Highlands.
Look at him, isn’t he a beaut?
Huntering in melee?
Last night the guild tried to raid the first boss in Tol Barad on 25-man and then again on 10-man. We weren’t really able to complete it, the best we got it to was 20% in 10-man when he enraged. Since we had mostly very competent dpsers in there I figured it was probably a gearing issue (very few of us had any gear from heroics yet).
But my guild failing at being as awesome as Paragon isn’t what I wanted to point out here, what I wanted to say is that during the encounter I discovered something veeeeeery interesting:
I was able to stand right inside the boss’ hitbox and fire off shots, I was able to stand on top of him and fire off shots – I was able to be in MELEE and fire off shots. I don’t know if this is intentional or not (please god let it be, please please please please) though I’m guessing it’s probably not. It’s most likely a bug, a mistake by the developers on this specific boss. Well, I say, let’s just hope this bug happens to spread to other bosses and maybe one day even to battlegrounds and let’s hope it’s a low priority bug such as pets appearing with less than 20% health (which has been in the game for years) and that it never gets fixed!
I haven’t been able to fire off shots at anything else in melee except for this one quest called “Blackout” in Twilight Highlands where you’re jumping from drake to drake (very much like the dreaded quest in Storm Peaks)… But having said that, I have not been to any other raid boss yet.
Some recommended reading
Ok I’m not really doing my bit in helping the community with guides at the moment but there’s really no need to because there are so many other excellent guides out there already! Here are some that I really think you should give a look-see:
- Cataclysm Pre-Heroic Hunter Gear List
- Cataclysm Pre-Raid Hunter Gear List
- Deify wrote a general guide for getting your hunter ready for raiding in Cataclysm. It’s a bit rough but most of what you need to read is there.
- Wowhead has an excellent guide to the Cataclysm factions, how to gain reputation with them and what rewards they give.
- Tankspot have started spitting out guides for heroics (yes you do need to know tactics for heroics) which you should definitely check out.
- Manaflask also have several guides available for heroics and raids, the information is from beta though so keep in mind that some stuff might have changed.
- This isn’t a guide in any sort of way, but you should read it anyway since Zinn of Jinxed Thoughts makes a very good job of pointing out how utterly stupid the new “gearscore” system is in Cataclysm.