Update: The City-faction tabards now work in Northrend dungeons!
I was disappointed by the lack of an actual in-game event before the shattering happened. But when I logged in this morning to be greeted by the new cinematic, it all sorta felt very appropriate and right. As usual, the blues know what they’re doing and less than a minute later I saw proof of that once again. Because I was able to log in to the EU realms already at 10:10 today, no extended maintenance here!
Once I got in, this was the first thing I saw:
Today you should be prepared to answer these questions many times over and then some more times and then roll up into a little ball of tears due to losing your sanity. The questions are:
- Where are the portals in Dalaran? – They’re gone.
- Why are there no portals in Dalaran? – Get over it! You don’t want to be there anyway, now come to Stormwind/Orgrimmar and enjoy these new awesome towns.
- Where can I learn how to fly in Azeroth? – You can’t.
- Where are the city-faction quartermasters? – They are near the flight paths in each city.
- … Portals, Dalaran?!?! – ARHRGHRG.
Some things I’ve noticed so far
- My hearthstones did indeed reset to my characters hometowns. I rule at predictions? Yay!
- The Elemental Invasion is over.
- The Justice Point vendors in Stormwind offering lvl 85 blue items won’t actually sell you anything just yet.
- The auctioneers in Shattrath do work now.
- The fishing and cooking dailies in Stormwind are working fine – and earns reputation with “Alliance” which means you get some Gilneas reputation here.
- The Gilneas tabard works fine in the lvl 1-60 dungeons of course.
- You can fly and mount up on flying mounts in Dalaran.
- If you lost any keys, go to the locksmith in Stormwind. He’s in the dwarven district.
- My friends list has gone crazy and now lists 4 times as many friends as before…
- I’ve lost exactly 200 achievement points, :(… but gained 17 feats of strength. 😮
- I haven’t earned my Veteran of the Shifting Sands feat of strength even though I have completed the entire quest chain. I made a ticket about it, awaiting further information.
- People seem to have been awarded Surveying the Damage without actually having done it. This achievement requires you to investigate all the damage in the old zones. A great idea for an achievement, but unfortunately bugged.
- All the WotLK raid achievements have been squeezed into one sub-section which now has 269 achievements in total… this is a bit crazy. I think they need to add another category level here so we can split up these achievements by raid like they used to be.
Some notes about upcoming changes
There’s a hotfix being deployed which brings several fixes, including one hunter fix.
A second pet can no longer be summoned when the active pet is dead.
If you’re a dpser and you look at your meta-gem right now, you might be a bit confused. Then bemused and then annoyed. Well, not to worry, Blizzard will revert this crazy new design.
More blue gems than red gems? Ya…no. Change it back.
The current design has been reconsidered, so we’re planning to revert gems that now require more blue than red gems back to their original requirements. Such a change can’t be accomplished via a hotfix though, so we’ll have to wait to revert these in a future patch.
The new city faction tabards are supposed to work in Northrend dungeons but not Outland dungeons and this will be fixed soon. Update: At this point, they do work!
This is a bug we will be hotfixing in the very near future. The city tabards should currently work in old Azeroth dungeons (as well as Cataclysm 80-85 dungeons when the expansion is released). The hotfix will make it so these tabards work for Heroic and normal Northrend dungeons, however, there are no plans as of yet to apply this change to Outland dungeons.
…which makes sense since you earn reputation in those dungeons without the use of a tabard.