Updated (13:39): MMO-Champion gave us some more miscellaneous news, see below.
The big news sites are reporting today that the shattering might just happen this week, which we already knew, but thanks!
Wowhead kindly lists all the upcoming changes between live realms currently and what’s on the PTR; class changes, achievement changes etc. And since there was a new build deployed (the mini-patch I mentioned) some of these changes are actually brand new.
Hunter changes (Source)
- Kill Command – Ranged attack power damage scaling has been gone up from 35% to 43%.
- Scare Beast – The spell level has changed from 18 to 36.
- Widow Venom – Reduction of effectiveness of healing has gone down from 25% to 10%.
- Aimed Shot – Ranged attack power damage scaling has gone up from 31% to 48%.
- Chimera Shot – Ranged attack power damage scaling has gone up from 24% to 48.8%.
- Steady Shot – Ranged attack power damage scaling has gone down from 10% to 2.1%.
- Flare – Duration of the effect now lasts 20 seconds, down from indefinitely.
- Tranquilizing Shot – Focus cost down from 25 to 20.
- Black Arrow – Redesigned. Doesn’t scale with ranged attack power anymore and now instead does a flat 2150 shadow damage over 15 seconds.
- Cobra Shot – Ranged attack power damage scaling has gone down from 8.6% to 1.7%
- Explosive Shot – Ranged attack power damage scaling has gone up from 15% to 27.3% while the base damage has gone down by 32%.
- Improved Serpent Sting – Now also grants an extra 5% to 10% (per rank) critical strike chance to the periodic damage of your serpent sting.
- Deterrence – The spell level has changed from 36 to 78.
- Disengage – The spell level has changed from 78 to 14.
- Feign Death – Can no longer be resisted by NPCs.
- Freezing Trap – Duration of the effect has been upped from 20 seconds to 1 minute.
- Carrion Bird: Demoralizing Screech – Now correctly reduces the physical damage by 10% of all enemies within 5 yards.
- Devilsaur: Monstrous Bite – Now reduces healing done on target by 10%, down from 25%.
- Chimaera: Froststorm Breath – Base damage reduced by 24%.
- Worm: Burrow Attack – Base damage reduced by 50% and the total damage done has been increased by 800% (Well, at least I think so. You look at it!)
- Wolverine Bite (talent) – Now deals damage correctly.
- Grace of the Mantis (talent) – Now reduces the chance your pet will be hit by a critical strike by 3% to 6% (per rank), up from 2% to 4%.
- The Core Hound pet ability Ancient Hysteria now places its own unique debuff on affected players that has the same effect as Sated and Exhaustion.
- Certain pets should no longer forget how to Dash.
There are some fantastic changes here! First of all, the signature shots have all been buffed which is something we’ve been wanting since 4.0.1. Good to see. Our steady and cobra shots have been nerfed quite heavily but that is obviously to counter the signature shot buffs, which makes sense.
Black Arrow has been nerfed a bit, which is ok since Explosive Shot has gone way up.
The Improved Serpent Sting talent will now be an interesting choice for all specs instead of just for Survival, +10% critical strike chance on your permanent dot is not something to sneeze at! We’ll see just how valuable this talent is in the future after some theory crafting extraordinaire .
Tranquilizing Shot cost has been reduced from very-punishing to still-punishing-but-not-as-painful-to-my-dps.
Feign Death shouldn’t be able to get resisted anymore which will reduce a lot of frustration for hunters out there. How annoying is it to feign just at the right time and then see how the boss or mob ignores it and still gouges your eyes out? Yes, that’s right, very annoying.
The effect of Freezing Trap has been increased from 20 seconds to 1 minute. A nice change I guess but it certainly won’t affect my life at all and I’m guessing it won’t affect yours either. 20 seconds or 1 minute doesn’t really matter when you just can’t hit that mind-controlled person or random mob with the trap in the first place.
The reduced healing done from 25% to 10% changes to Widow Venom and Monstrous Bite are not hunter-specific nerfs. Every class who brought a Mortal Strike-like debuff had it changed from 50% to 25% in 4.0.1 and now from 25% to 10%, this is due to the new healing design in Cataclysm.
The increase to the worm pet’s AOE looks crazy, I’m not sure what to say other than that I might be misreading it… You look at it.
Pets can now totally avoid being critically hit just from talents, there’s no longer a need to equip resilience gear (which hasn’t been working since patch 4.0.1 anyway) and we can all thank Frostheim for this. Thank you!
Notable achievement changes (Source)
- World Explorer – You are now required to explore all of the new world and Cataclysm.
- Loremaster – You are now requied to earn the quest-achievements per zone to gain the meta-achievements and you also require to complete the Cataclysm meta-achievement for Loremaster.
- Insane in the Membrane – No longer requires exalted with Shen’dralar.
- Cooking Award – Now requires any cooking award rather than Dalaran cooking awards specifically.
- Scrooge – Adjusted to require you to throw a snowball at the new leaders.
- BB King – Adjusted to require you to pelt the new leaders.
- The Traitor King (10 & 25) – Now requires 25 swarm scarabs killed within 30 seconds, down from 40.
- Bleeding Bloodhoof – Now requires you to kill Baine Bloodhoof instead of Cairne
- Death to the Warchief! – Now requires you to kill Garrosh Hellscream instead of Thrall.
- Death to the King! – Now requires you to kill Thaurissian, Muradin and Falstad Wildhammer [hahaha!].
- Call to Arms – Redesigned. Now requires you to complete 100 battlegrounds at max level.
Feats of Strength
- Zul’Gurub – Now a feat of strength.
- Hero of the Zandalar Tribe – Now a feat of strength.
- Deadliest Catch – Now a feat of strength.
- 1000 Stone Keeper’s Shards – Are now all feat of strengths.
- 2500 Dungeon & Raid Emblems – Now a feat of strength.
- The Undying – Now a feat of strength.
- The Immortal – Now a feat of strength.
- Champion of Ulduar – Now a feat of strength.
- Conquerer of Ulduar – Now a feat of strength.
- He Feeds On Your Tears (10 & 25) – Now feats of strength.
- Herald of the Titans – Now a feat of strength.
- A Tribute to Skill (10 & 25) – Now feats of strength.
- A Tribute to Mad Skill (10 & 25) – Now feats of strength.
- A Tribute to Insanity (10 & 25) – Now feats of strength.
- A Tribute to Dedicated Insanity – Now a feat of strength.
Miscellaneous interesting changes (Source)
- Mysterious Egg now takes only 3 days to turn into a Cracked Egg and has a slightly greater chance of awarding the Reins of the Green Proto-Drake.
- Alchemy recipes now require Crystal Vials. Deathwing broke all the others because he’s mean (or because he didn’t want alchemists to carry 5 different vials around with them).
- The Engineering Tinkering enchants will no longer provide their bonus stats, but the activated effects will stack with other enchants. In 4.0.1 the stats were there (but hidden) and are now removed.
- Several epic gem transmutes that were missing from the trainer have been added back.
- Mobs and NPCs should no longer appear to randomly gain or lose health during combat.
- Re-summoning pets in Battlegrounds should no longer count towards a player’s total healing done.
I leave you with some random epic awesomeness… WHU raids Thunder Bluff: