A GM confirmed that the shattering event will, as predicted, occur on World of Warcraft’s 6th birthday; November 23.
You can read more about what’s happening to the world once the world shatters (or more technically; when patch 4.0.3a is applied) in my three latest blog posts:
So there’s two days left to go for you to finish off those last things that you wanted to get done before Cataclysm. Things like:
- Finshing the Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline.
- Grinding Shen’dralar to exalted
- Tripping the Rifts – The Elemental invasion isn’t confirmed to end when the shattering occurs, but I wouldn’t count on it being there after 4.0.3a.
- The Immortal – Check out my guide here.
- Finishing class quest-lines such as the Rhok’delar questline.
- Visiting rare locations that won’t be around anymore.
Complete list of what’s staying and what’s going can be found here.
Personally I just need to do Zul’Gurub on an alt or two and maybe go visit some zones like Darkshore that I know will be changing forever to give it my final goodbye. How about you?