While this patch fixed the bug of disappearing nameplates, it reset to default behavior so that nameplates can’t stack over eachother anymore and since there’s no option in the settings to reenable it you have to fix it yourself with a console command. Clearcasting has the solution for you, check it out.
Another thing that has been updated is the essential hunter tool: Zeherah’s Hunter DPS Analyzer at femaledwarf.com. Darkbrew gives us a sneak peak for the next Hunting Party Podcast by promising an interesting interview with Zeherah herself!
I’ve was playing around a bit with the new version today and it quickly tipped me off to the fact that I was just below a haste plateau and should invest in at least 2 more haste rating and with that gain 62 dps. I love this thing!
Hunter changes on the latest beta build
MMO-Champion datamines the latest beta changes to hunters:
- Widow Venom now reduces healing by 10%, down from 25%.
- Kill Command now deals 43% of Ranged AP + 848 damage. Up from 35% of RAP + 772 damage.
- Steady Shot now scales from 2.1% of Ranged AP, down from 10 of Ranged AP.
- Chimera Shot now deals 28.8% of Ranged AP + 973 damage. Up from 24% of Ranged AP + 401.
- Explosive Shot now scales from 22% of Ranged Attack Power, up from 18%.
- Black Arrow doesn’t seem to scale from Ranged Attack Power anymore, or maybe Blizzard just removed the scaling value from the tooltip.
- Demoralizing Screech (Carrion Bird) no longer deals damage or reduces the attack power of enemies in range. Now reduces the physical damage caused by all enemies within 8 yards by 10% for 10 sec. No longer has a focus cost.
- Froststorm Breath base damage reduced from 244 to 41.
- Monstrous Bite now reduces healing by 10%, down from 25%.
- Burrow Attack now scales from 76.8% of Ranged AP and deals 1432 damage, up from 9.6% RAP + 257.
There are some great changes here. Currently on live all the “big” signature shot abilities per spec are juusust about better to use than Arcane Shot, but that’s it, just a bit better. We want these abilities to be significant to our dps, we want them to matter. It’s not a lot of fun to fire off two Steady Shots, one Chimera Shot, two Arcane shots, one Aimed shot and one Kill Shot and see them all doing just about the same amount of damage. That’s just not fun, at all. So it’s good to see them tilting the shots a bit and bumping up the damage of the signature shots.
Frostheim at Warcraft Hunters Union provides some additional insight on the changes, well worth the read.
I’ll leave you with this blue post:
Q u o t e:
Ok Blizz why in the world are you reducing mortal strike effects? Do you guys even pvp? Insead of reducing the debuff from 25% to 10% you need to be upping it to 50%++. Not only is healing op in pvp now but you also uped the healers dps how crazy is that. All they have to do is nickel and dime the non healers and when you start to get them low they heal back up how fair is that?
Of course we don’t play the game we created, let alone PvP in it! We generate numbers with a very big, complicated dart board.
If you want to discuss something on the forums, choose a more rational way of approaching the subject. Thanks.